Common Mistakes in a Web Design
Web designing is an art in which the Internet browser is the canvas. HTML is the brush while CSS are the colors. When designing a website, a designer wants to put in all of his creativity into his work. Companies spend lots of money on web designing project. They want the best websites for their business. Sometimes designs may go wrong. When they do, they hinder the user experience. Users who find a website uneasy tend to forget it soon. Business websites cannot afford mistakes in the design. Let us look at some of the common mistakes that web designers commit often.
1. In an effort to make their designs unique, most of the designers tend to extend the levels of creativity. Beyond the level of normal imagination is insanity. Sometimes designers go beyond limits and make their designs overdesigned. Users find such websites difficult to use and handle. They fail to understand the creativity of the designer and switch to other websites.
2. PDF (Portable Document Format) files are an easy, portable and platform independent way to deliver information. Most businesses distribute important documents via this medium. PDF files are heavy and might slow down the loading of the webpage. This might annoy a user who is not on a high-speed Internet connection. Therefore, you should use PDF only when there is no other option available.
3. Why not use the option to sell online if you have good products. You can use a shopping cart in your website to handle the selling processes. If yours is an ecommerce website, you should never forget to include prices with your products. Many designers forget to put prices on their websites. Users find it difficult to order products for which prices do not display.
4. Designers are in a hurry to complete the web project. They do not give much preference to the search options in the website. Never do this mistake in your website. Always provide a good search capability in your website. Users shall be able to find out their desired products at an instant. You can make the search more refined with providing advanced search options.
5. Haste in designing process may make you skip important keywords in the website. However good you write the website content, without the right set of keywords. You cannot make it rank high on search engines if it does not have good search engine optimization. Always optimize your website for the keywords and phrases that relate to your website.
Every web designer has to keep in mind the important things to do while designing a website. In addition, he must also remember what not to do. Proper planning and determination make the website designing process easy. Haste and hurriedness can spoil the whole project. Therefore, always be careful when making a website.
Post New Comment
|Your name: *|